Client is a joint venture for a multi-billion ringgit infrastructure project and is part of a large multinational construction group. We were entrusted to help them to recruit for positions such as HSE general manager, civil engineers and quantity surveyors for their construction project.
One of the challenges of the recruitment was the vacancies were to be based at their project sites in the East Peninsular and involved heavy travelling. So during the recruitment process, we ensured that only candidates who were willing to be based in East Peninsular and willing to travel were shortlisted to client.
Sample Position: Senior Quantity Surveyor (Infrastructure Construction)
- Responsible for quantity and budget estimating.
- Prepare statement for the quantity and cost, provide cost planning.
- Responsible on estimating the quantities from the design drawings, track changes to the design, cost adjustment.
- Prepare subcontract settlement and payments.
- Prepare ledger of variation, measurement and payment.
- Responsible in collecting cost data and coordinate on cost analysis work.
- Responsible in calculate the planning of output value and the completion of the output value of the project.
- Keep track on the progress of work based on the contract, resolving construction dispute, collect photos of on-site construction process.
- Prepare relevant tender documents and information to submit for tender, involve in assessing tenders.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by Management.
Working Experience of the Successful Candidate
- Preparation of preliminary cost estimates and cost plans of the development project. Advice on cost estimates in relation todesign development of a project.
- Advise on procurement, tendering and contractual procedures and arrangement. Preparation of the Bill of Quantities or Specification document for tendering purposes. Organize the calling of tenders.
- Evaluation of tenders received in the form of tender reports. Preparation and execution of the formal contract.
- Interim valuation of works in progress on site for purposes of interim payments. Preparation of financial statement of regular intervals during the construction period.
- Settlement of the final accounts of the project.
- Preparation of feasibility studies of a project.
- Projection of estimated project or development expenditure and anticipated income cash flows. Evaluation of contractors registered for prequalification.
- Comparative cost studies on the economics of the project during design stage. Project management of construction project.
- Life-cycle costing and studies on economics of alternative design.
- Pricing of Bills of Quantities or negotiating and agreeing Schedule of Rates.
- Valuation or auditing of contractual claims for arbitrations litigation cases.